Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Pitch to Win Competition Extension
It’s a crazy time of year in the startup world. Many Spring accelerator classes are in the middle of graduation which has entrepreneurs, investors and startup communities moving in a million different directions.
Due to an increase in interest, we’ve decided to extend our competition two weeks to allow more startups to participate. You now have until May 31st to enter to win a kick-ass investor pitch deck.
The winner will receive a comprehensive, fully designed pitch deck that can be used in investor meetings, presentations and pitch competitions. The deck is valued at $7,500.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Create a two-page executive summary of your company. Make sure your summary includes the following information: product or service description, explanation of the problem you solve, target market/audience description, market size and opportunity, competition, business model, go-to-market strategy, team and resources and any traction you’ve experienced to date. Also make sure you include information on your unfair advantage and why you and your company are uniquely qualified to win in your targeted marketplace
2. Create a 2-minute video that explains to our panel of judges why you and your company is deserving of a free investor pitch deck and why you should be selected above all other entries. Be creative, but more importantly, be persuasive. You can do this on any webcam; it’s the content that counts, not the production value.
3. Email your executive summary and a link to your short video to investorpitches(at)solmarketing(dot)com by May 31, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. CST.
4. Make sure you include some contact information so we know how to get in touch with you.
A panel of expert judges consisting of investors, successful entrepreneurs and business leaders will evaluate the submissions and choose a winning startup from among the entries. We will announce the winner on June 14, 2013. Judges will include:
- Rudy Gadre- Investor and Former General Counsel of Facebook
- Hugh Forrest- Executive Director, SXSW Interactive
- Adam Lieb- CEO, Duxter
- Kerry Rupp– Managing Partner, DreamIt Ventures
If you have any questions about the contest rules, prizes, etc., don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Sol Marketing at 10:09 PM | Comments Off on Pitch to Win Competition Extension
Topics: Building a pitch deck